Friday, December 9, 2016

Heroes for Dungeonquest: Rildo the Crafty






Except for El-Adoran in my last post, all of these had "zenithal" priming, aka underpainting, where I primed in either black or dark gray and then primed from above with white. I'm always trying to push one skill or another and with my DungeonQuest figures I was focused on achieving the luminous glow of some figures seen in old White Dwarf mags and a few contemporaries also looking back to the old school. My comfort zone is to work straight dark to light over black and then a bit of glazing. Here the glazing and translucent color is really central. The difference between the figures is marked, these really are brighter and I want to say more "candy-like" when set one next to the other. The white shines through. I'm not expressing a preference one way or another, but plan to continue some figures in this mode and try to bring this style more within my comfort zone.